Monday 9 July 2012

Presenting our latest product:

Rainbow cupcake in a jar!


I came up with this idea when I was driving the kids (the niece and nephew) home from school. It was after a little storm had hit Perth and the sunny was shining and the rainbow was out loud and proud. Zac pointed out the rainbow and asked me if we can drive to the end of the rainbow, so that we could collect the pot of gold. As much as I thought that would be a great idea, I am also a realistic and I knew my chances of finding a pot of gold was the same as me winning the lotto.

So I thought to myself, what is the next best thing to finding a pot of gold or winning the lotto? Well, cupcakes of course! One thing led to another and voila the idea popped into my head, a rainbow cupcake in a jar - my own little version of a pot of gold (or at least the next best thing).

If you decide to try this at home, please be sure to check that the glass jar is thick enough to withstand the heat of the oven. Otherwise, the glass jar may shatter and that would not be fun for anyone! So bake with caution.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute idea - definitely will have to give it a go!!!

    Could you please tell us which cupcake recipe you used, and how you achieved the gorgeous rainbow sections?

    Thanks!
    Please check us out at Honey & Lulu!

    Chloe & Sarah

    www.honeyandlulu.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete