Saturday 19 May 2012

Lover of themes

As you are all well aware, I love all things themed. Whether it be themed parties, cupcakes or themed parties with appropriately themed cupcakes – I just love themes! From my baking experience, I have noticed that when I bake cupcakes with a particular theme in mind, the end result ALMOST always looks great!

I am not very adventurous, I tend to go about decorating my cupcakes in a similar fashion. I always pipe the icing on top of the cupcake with my all-time favourite nozzle, the Wilton 2D, and I always, always, always “Top the Cupcake” with an appropriately themed handmade fondant topper.

These past two weeks, I had two themed cupcake orders: a ladybird themed 1st birthday party and a nautical themed 23rd birthday party. Although two very different themes, they both turned out fabulous (if I don’t say so myself)! But that’s enough of me blowing smoke up of my own buttocks, I will let the photos speak for themselves. 


Ladybird themed 1st birthday party

 Regular sized cupcakes

 Mini sized cupcakes

Cake pops


Nautical themed 23rd birthday party

 Regular sized cupcakes

Cake pops

3 comments:

  1. well, they also taste pretty darn fabulous, so they arent just easy on the eyes but also pretty yummy!! you've got all the senses engaged =D FML indeed.

    -Mayy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look incredible, well done! I bet they tasted amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I make a lot of cupcakes, and reckon they look pretty professional - but I bow down (and want to weep) at your toppers. Never in a month of Sundays would I have the patience. They are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete