Wednesday 18 January 2012

Star struck!

I would like to start this blog post with the following disclaimer:

I'm not a stalker ... just a fanatic fan!

As you can see from my two blog post below, I made a Downton Abbey cupcake in honour of my new beloved addiction. Hoping to get a response, I tweeted the photo to Downton Abbey (@DowntonAbbey) and Dan Stevens (@thatdanstevens). And although Dan Stevens did not respond (which I am absolutely devastated about), Downton Abbey did! OMG - I received a tweet from the official DOWNTON ABBEY twitter account! I am practically famous by association. Here is a photo of the tweet to prove it:


Naturally I said yes! But I was not entirely sure how I was going to make a #teamservants cupcake. This was the start of what I like to call "Project #teamservants Cupcake". So I put my cupcaking hat on and thought long and hard. I finally decided to make housemaid and footman uniform toppers to top the cupcakes. So I googled images of Downton Abbey housemaid and footman characters and created their uniforms out of fondant.

In light of my Downton Abbey tweet, my friend Rachael suggested I make a “sour lemon cupcake topped with an icing quiff of hair and call it Thomas”. And although I did not ultimately go with this idea, I did like the sound of it. So I decided to make lemon cupcakes for "Project #teamservants Cupcake".

In the past, I have not been entirely satisfied with the lemon cupcake recipes I have encountered, so I decided to vary my vanilla recipe with some lemon extract, zest and juice. And good news, it worked an absolute treat! I will definitely share this recipe with you in the near future. The sponge was FML (Fluffy, Moist and Light) and packed just the right amount of lemon flavour.

So here is the final product:


"Project #teamservants Cupcake" was a success. Now the waiting game begins … will I get another tweet in response? One could only hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment