Monday 12 September 2011

The X Factor revealed

So it has been a while since I released a recipe and time is of the essence, so I thought today seemed like a nice enough day to do so. Sadly, I cannot claim this recipe as my own as it is not. I like to refer to this recipe as the X Factor, whereas others like to refer to it as vanilla syrup. Personally, I think X Factor sounds far more exciting. Anyway, I must give credit when credit is due; I got the recipe from Cake Chic by Peggy Porchen. Beautiful book – the cupcakes in this book is just simply breath taking.

X Factor (aka vanilla syrup)

Ingredients
5 tablespoons of water
75 grams of sugar
½ vanilla pod seeds
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Method
1. Place water and sugar in a deep saucepan and bring it to boil.
2. Once cool, stir in the vanilla pod seeds and vanilla extract.
3. Ideally, let the syrup infuse overnight to bring out the vanilla flavour.
4. You can store the syrup by keeping it in an airtight container inside the fridge (it should last up to a month).

Basically once you finish baking your cupcakes, let the cupcakes cool for 10 minutes and then brush the X Factor over the top. Make sure you give the cupcakes a generous brush. The X Factor makes the cupcakes nice and moist (without making it dense). I have found that the cupcakes, even after a few days, are still quite moist. I am not sure whether this is the result of applying the X Factor or not, but since using the X Factor, I am telling you, my cupcakes taste different, better different that is. I know I don’t sound much of a baker, given that I don’t even know why brushing vanilla syrup over cupcakes makes them yummier, but I openly admit that I am learning about cupcakes as I go. So please, bear with me. Give the X Factor ago and let me know if it adds anything to your cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment