Saturday 3 September 2011

The little joys of life ...

This post is more of a cupcake reflective post, then my usual post about the cupcaking process. So be warned, you may be taken on a rollercoaster of emotions and who knows where we may end up. So lock your seat belts and let’s go on an emotional rollercoaster of cupcakes.

As I am sure you have gathered, I really do like cupcakes. My friend said to me the other day ‘Don’t you ever get sick of just making cupcakes?!’ I was slightly perplexed by this question and it took me a while to come up with an answer that I deemed appropriate. I ended up blurted out ‘No, I love cupcakes!’ Yes, it took me a while to come up with that response. What? I claim to be a good baker, not a smart person! Anyway, moving along swiftly to more pressing matters, I honestly do whole heartedly love cupcakes!

I love the whole cupcaking process. I love trying to figure out a new cupcake recipe. I love designing and making cupcake toppers. I love watching the cupcakes rise in the oven. I love piping fluffy icing onto a cupcake. But most of all, I love, love, love watching people’s faces when they see my cupcakes and how excited they get. I think it must take people back to their childhood, a time when cupcakes were a special treat in the lunch box or were sold at the yearly school fate. Watching people come together to enjoy my cupcakes is one of the little joys I get from the whole cupcaking process. Yes Julian, I saw how many cupcakes you ate last night (joking – or am I?).

I am in the process of registering my business, selling cupcakes and cupcake toppers. The purpose of this business isn’t to make money. I still will be working full time and this side business is just my little creative outlet. Basically, all the money that I do earn from selling cupcakes and cupcake toppers will go straight back into the business, so that I can buy all the baking gadgets my heart desires. I have been slowly (emphasis needs to be put on SLOWLY) working on my website this past month. I will release it all in due course. So please stay tune.

I make cupcakes for the love of it. It really is a passion. For me, it really is one of the little joys of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment